My changes are in blue.
- Time 5 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 16 ounce can crushed pineapple (Do Not Drain)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (omit)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped (8 oz cool whip, made w/cream)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup mandarin oranges, chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (pecans)
- Lettuce leaves, to line serving dish(es)
- nuts (for garnish)
- Soften the gelatin in the cold water.
- Heat the UNDRAINED crushed pineapple in a saucepan on medium low heat.
- Stir in the softened gelatin until it dissolves.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar.
- Put in refrigerator and chill until mixture is partially set. (Time will vary depending upon your refrigerator, 1 hr).
- Whip the cream.
- Fold in whipped cream, cheese/mandarins and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold or 6 1-cup molds.
- Chill until set.
- Shortly before serving, place lettuce leaves on serving dish(es).
- Unmold onto the lettuce.
- Garnish with nuts.