Southwestern Star Dip
Do not make this dip in a crockpot.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (real)
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided (i used green olives, & the entire amount in the dip)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or 1 t chili powder)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (pic indicates more)
- Tortilla chips (unsalted, or pita chips)
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 124 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© Taste of Home 2012
(my changes are in red)