- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. Mozzarella, shredded (or fontina)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, asparagus tips, zucchini)
- 1 small onion, diced
2 cups of potatoes, baked and diced.
1 t of salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a 13″ x 9″ pan with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
In large frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add potatoes, salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs and ricotta until smooth in bowl. Stir in vegetables.
Pour frittata into baking pan. Top with fontina or mozarella. Bake for 20 minutes, or until set. Serve hot. Serves four.
* the image above is of half the recipe.
1 pie crust
2 cups of shredded cheese (fontina/mozzarella, or cheddar/havarti)
3 T sautéed onions or spinach.
½ cup milk
½ c cream
3 T flour
Heat oven to 375. Sprinkle cheeses and onions in crust. Mix the wet ingredients with a whisk. Mix in flour.
Pour egg mixture over cheeses. Bake for 50 minutes, til golden and set. Let sit five minutes and then cut.
Notes: since my crust was small i had some mixture leftover.
I used red onions for this quiche.
Cut and lift/separate from baking pan before refrigerating.
Toñas de Valencia
2 cups flour
1 envelope of yeast
1/4 cup milk, warm (or orange juice)
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c sunflower oil (or 1 stick butter, melted and cooled)
zest of one orange
1 t vanilla and 1 t anise
1/2 t of salt
One egg yolk mixed with 2 T milk
1 c dried fruit (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk or oj and add to flour. mix well.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, salt, butter, zest, vanilla and anise. add fruit. Add to flour and stir in well. Knead for five minutes.
- Let stand in warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Form one or two cakes, or small rolls. place on greased baking sheet (or parchment paper). brush with yolk mixture, let stand 15 minutes in oven.
- Bake at 325 F for about 20 minutes, depending on size.
- Three minutes before end of baking, brush again with the yolk and sprinkle with icing sugar (sugar optional).
these can also be made into small rolls.
I have modified this recipe to create my own version: