Day 1, Thursday: Arrived in London
Checked into Victoria Inn (Pimlico Sta)
Toured Dickens Museum
Shopped at Tezeni’s
Dinner at Morpeth Arms
Took photos from Vauxhall bridge
Day 2, Friday:
London Eye, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Jewel Tower
Met a friend of a friend for lunch at Shepherds Market
Toured Ben Franklin’s house on Craven St
Dinner at White Swan
Day 3, Saturday:
Toured Imperial War museum; Friars Pub lunch
Saw London Bridge and Tower of London
Dinner at Marquis Pub
Day 4, Sunday:
Picked up rental auto in Lewisham
Shopped at Marks and Spencer
Drove to Dover and Dover Castle
Dinner at Blakes; stayed @ Loddington House
Day 5, Monday:
Shopped in Dover square
Drove to Hastings and castle
Shopped at Tesco in Havant
Explored Winchester; dinner at Dim T
Stayed @ Winchester Royal hotel
Day 6, Tuesday:
Toured Winchester Castle
Drove to Chawton and toured Jane Austen Museum
Lunch at Cassandra’s cup
Stayed @ Premier inn in Basingstoke
Dinner at Baker’s Arms
Day 7, Wednesday:
Toured Windsor Castle
Shopping and lunch at Madam Posh
Stayed @ Premier Inn Terminal 5, by Heathrow
A lavish indoor mall in Rome, above.
Shopping in Rome is a scavenger hunt but these shops listed below were luckily stumbled upon on our trip to Rome this summer of 2015.
- Tazza de Oro. Coffee and coffee supplies. Near the Pantheon.
- Cartoleria Pantheon. stationery shop.
- L’Artigianato. Kitchen items, Murano jewelry, misc gifts. At Piazza Navona.
- Andrew’s ties. Near Spanish Steps.
- Airport, duty free shop. Great selection of sweets, perfumes, spirits.
- Stilvetro. Kitchen shop. Lovely trays, silverware, and various supplies. Near Spanish Steps.
- Panella, L’arte del Pane. Jams, chocolate topping, breads, candy.
- Romeo. Cool dining establishment. Pasta and food gifts.
Leather purses are everywhere. We bought a couple in the shops next to where we stayed, Hotel Napoleon.
No recommendations for shoes. We bought a pair of men’s shoes at Adry, next to our hotel right by metro entrance, Vittorio Emanuel.