- 1 c flour
- dash of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (opt)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves Opt…or 2 t vanilla which I prefer
- 1 heaping cup diced dried fruits, (blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisins, or figs, pineapple, apricots, papaya, peaches)
- 1 heaping cup pecans, walnuts, or other nuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 ºF (150ºC). Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9 inch loaf pan or 8 x 8 square pan.
- Mix the eggs and spices in a large bowl. Mix in the flour/salt combo a small amount at a time and continue mixing until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the fruits and nuts.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
With a sturdy bread knife carefully cut into slices while still warm and still in the dish. Remove to board. let cool. Wrap the slices in wax paper and then in a plastic bag. Keep in the frig.
~ adapted from The Book of New Israeli Food by Janna Gur.